Skip to main content

~Sunday School Songs~

Do you remember going to Sunday School class?

Those songs??

"Father Abraham" and "Just like the Bible says"??? (To be specific)

Remember falling on the floor to "sit down" for the Father Abraham song!? Lol Crashing into the kid next to you!? Lol. We did that every morning and night for Sunday School (morning) and Kids Class (night). But I'm not exactly trying to retrieve memories of our favorite songs back in the day. Try to remember the words...

*shouts*
"Father Abraham and many sons, and many sons had Father Abraham. I am one of them and so are you, so let's just praise the Lord!...Right arm!..." :)

This song has a lot of meaning. We may have just been goofing off in Sunday School but I'm glad I was thinking about the words now and what we were saying. There are many sons and daughters who are chosen to walk with God and to do His works. "Let's just praise the Lord!"

Now, moving on to the next song! I was reminded of this song at youth prayer on Monday night. :) My uncle, the youth pastor, asked every one of us what our favorite song was and on the count of 3, we were going to all sing at once. Lol...let's just say it was pretty crazy/funny ;) Haha!...okay, anywayssss! I think we all know the verses but here they are...

*sings*
"I've got the Holy Ghost down in my soul! Just like the Bible says! Well, I've been to the water and I've been baptized! My soul is happy and I'm satisfied! I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now! Just like the Bible, just like the Bible, just like the Bible sayssss!!!"

Aren't you thankful for the Holy Ghost!!!! :D Lol I just had a shout down service in my head but I can't write it all on paper! Haha! PEAK was mixed in there, with all the "PRAISE HIM! PRAISE HIM!! PRAISE HIM!"

Just remember the words to those songs we sang back in the day :)

A little friendly reminder from Meggers<3

Comments

Kendra Thaler said…
Haha Father Abraham was a favorite of mine also!! :)

We are so blessed! Thanks for this post. The Sunday School memories made me smile! Even more so, their meanings! <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bible Quizzer

Umm.... I had no idea what I was getting myself into lol! This is my first year of Bible Quizzing and man! I love it!!!!! :D I can't wait to go to the competitions!! :D We have to learn over 400 verses but as Bro. Vick & Brendan said "Don't look at the numbers." It's easier when you don't look at numbers and you just memorize and go over them everyday!!! I'm so excited!!! It has motivated me to get done with schoolwork lol. I hope we have a good (NOOO, a GREAT!) team so we can go to more competitions. :) Fun & traveling! Which teams do you know that are awesome Bible Quizzers?? Do you have any tips for a first time BQ??? :)

Little Miss is Back :)

Well, well, well. :) Look who just posted. Meagan Rowell is coming back to the blog-o-sphere! After I stopped blogging, I was thinking of what I had posted. (in 2010) *thoughts* Did it really help anybody with their walk with God? Did it honestly help?! Several people emailed me and well, I'm starting it back up, aren't I. :) Look forward to more posts... and ladies, new hair tutorials ;) I've got a few treats up my sleeve for this new "chapter"  in "They Say... "She is Unashamed." Love, Meggs 

Family Christmas Pictures

Here are a few pictures from our Sunday afternoon christmas pictures from my moms camera. They turned out cute and hope you enjoy them. :] cousins [jonathan is lost in the back] Jonathan, Korbin, and me Jonathan, Korbin, Ryan, Logan, and me L-R Morgan, Brooklynn, Tristen, Michael, Justin, Jared, and Madison Jonathan and Korbin Justin and baby Jared grandbabies ;] Me and Brooklynn's birthday picture [birthdays are in the next week or 2] My brother Ryan and I just goofing off Justin and I we look werid but it's a funny picture Now Justin and I are ready to smile but Jonathan was caught off gaurd The women and little ladies in the family Papaw with [L-R] Auntie Nicole, Auntie Shelly, my mom, and Auntie Kristy Mamaw with [L-R] Uncle Jimmy, my dad, Uncle Jared, and Uncle Jeffrey Mommys' and Daddys' and/or couples pictures