Skip to main content

"New" Clothes Tip #1

Hey Ladies! :D

Have you been feeling like you have NOTHING to wear to church or youth conferences that are coming up? Can't afford to buy new clothes or just don't have time to run to the store and buy a new clothing item?

Well, I found a SMALL SOLUTION for us girls who live with our mom, a girl friend or sister (who may be a little bigger than us) with cute style! :) Yayy! But I'm pretty sure that sisters and girl friends already share clothes lol but for those of us who don't have sisters...I give you my FIRST "New" Clothes Tip :)


Just on Sunday evening, I couldn't find my black shirt that I wear frequently (when I don't know what else to wear & yes it gets washed every time lol). I was kind of going crazy! I NEEDED that black shirt...I couldn't find anything else I wanted to wear that night...buuuttttt, I looked in my mom's closet for a shirt that might match! Just in case she had anything.

***Now, for those of you who don't know my mom, she is a little bigger than me (bigger sizes). Like in jackets, I wear a 2P and she wears a 6. With skirts, she is several sizes bigger than me so I can't fit into her skirts. And with her shirts, they are too big and baggy on me.***

Well ladies...for me, the problem is that my mom's clothes are TOO BIG! >:( She has some cute stuff too!

So when I looked in her closet, I found a blouse she has had FOREVER and thought, "This will go PERFECT with my outfit for tonight!" It was all around too big but I had a few tricks up my sleeve :)

You see, I planned on wearing a high-waisted skirt with a belt...And that solves the problem with the shirt being to big around my waist/bust. All you have to do is tuck it into your skirt :) SIMPLE, right!? So the next time you want to wear your mom's shirt, tuck it in so it doesn't seem too baggy!!!

Next were the sleeves :/ If your mom has longer arms than you do, either roll the sleeves up to your wrist or scrunch them up to your elbow...For my mom's shirt, the sleeves were at a weird length but they had a scrunchy cuff (at an odd length between my elbow and wrist). So I moved to scrunchy part above my elbow and let all the extra material hang down (below my elbow) to make it modest.

And of course, I think WE ALL have a problem with our necklines being TOO LOW! So I put a shirt underneath that would fix that problem :)

And wallah! ------->

*Remember to tuck in shirts that are too big, roll up sleeves that are too long, and bring that neckline up! :)

Love Megaroo <3
P.S. Hope this helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bible Quizzer

Umm.... I had no idea what I was getting myself into lol! This is my first year of Bible Quizzing and man! I love it!!!!! :D I can't wait to go to the competitions!! :D We have to learn over 400 verses but as Bro. Vick & Brendan said "Don't look at the numbers." It's easier when you don't look at numbers and you just memorize and go over them everyday!!! I'm so excited!!! It has motivated me to get done with schoolwork lol. I hope we have a good (NOOO, a GREAT!) team so we can go to more competitions. :) Fun & traveling! Which teams do you know that are awesome Bible Quizzers?? Do you have any tips for a first time BQ??? :)

Family Christmas Pictures

Here are a few pictures from our Sunday afternoon christmas pictures from my moms camera. They turned out cute and hope you enjoy them. :] cousins [jonathan is lost in the back] Jonathan, Korbin, and me Jonathan, Korbin, Ryan, Logan, and me L-R Morgan, Brooklynn, Tristen, Michael, Justin, Jared, and Madison Jonathan and Korbin Justin and baby Jared grandbabies ;] Me and Brooklynn's birthday picture [birthdays are in the next week or 2] My brother Ryan and I just goofing off Justin and I we look werid but it's a funny picture Now Justin and I are ready to smile but Jonathan was caught off gaurd The women and little ladies in the family Papaw with [L-R] Auntie Nicole, Auntie Shelly, my mom, and Auntie Kristy Mamaw with [L-R] Uncle Jimmy, my dad, Uncle Jared, and Uncle Jeffrey Mommys' and Daddys' and/or couples pictures

Birthday :))♥

Lol Elias, this is for you. You wanted to know what I did all day :P hahaha! I had a good Sweet 16 birthday :) Friends and family called/texted/emailed/posted to say Happy Birthday! I felt so loved and blessed to have all these people in my life ♥ My mom got off work kind of early so we could go hang out and go to lunch. Soooooo we went to eat Chinese food :D then went to Forever21 because I wanted a new cardigan lol. Always needing something new ;) I bought a couple of other things too. We had church last night and couldn't stay out too late so around 4pm, we headed back home. :) Church was great as always! Pastor Clark is an awesome teacher. Family and friends wanted to go celebrate and eat after church so we went to Legends! :) Lol the end. Here are a few pictures though! I had a fun night :) Now, I can't wait for the weekend! More celebrating!! ♥