Skip to main content

Youth Hiking Trip :)

Saturday, Calvary Youth went hiking :) Most of our youth group was there. Some had to work :( But here are some pictures (with captions lol) of what happened.



Miguel, Felipa & I in the car (Uncle Jeffrey driving)
We had to stop to get the parking passes or something.
Lol our car was pretty fun!



Lil' Miguel, Michael & I...We got outta the cars and chilled for a few minutes while they got the parking passes. Lol This was in Jer's car. Me in the driving seat ;) Hahaha! On the way back down the mountain, they played chinese fire drill...LOL it was so funny watching them!


We didn't stay to the trail the first half of our hike UP!
We climbed rocks and jumped from on side to the other...
Several guys took risks and ended up falling into the water ;)
Fun stuff & major work out lol


This tree had the BIGGEST ants on it, and we were right over the stream with tons of rocks. We would have died if we fell. Lol And trust me, I felt like I was going to fall a few times ;) But I had to hold on to Moses, Jonathan or Miguel the whole time ahaha I did NOT want to fall lol! Anyways, this was where we had a group pic...Uncle Jeffrey got it on Steven's camera.


Jonathan (a.k.a. Jonny boy) & I :)
Our group was wayyy ahead so we decided to...
(See picture below) LOL!

A few of us were WAY ahead of the group and decided to take a detour :) HIKE to the snow! Which was on the other side of where we were...we had to go down (& then climb back up after) a steep hill, climb over rocks, get dirty(er) & eat/touch/throw snow :) Had a blast!
Lauren, Samuel, Miguel, Jonathan, Moses, & Me (taking the picture lol)




This is where we stopped to eat and chill out. And also where we decided to head back home...it was already well past 1 o'clock. **Moses & Jonathan V. went & filled up their backpacks with snow so we could put some of our drinks in there :) So that was their 2nd trip to the snow patch lol


Yes, we are eating candy...You gotta problem with that?



Michael! :) Chillin at a cabin...eating :D


Some Calvary Youth :)
TOP ROW: Michail V., Devin, Samuel, Me, Fons, Jonathan B.
MIDDLE: Felipa, Brittani, Justin, Jeremy, Jacob, Moses, Steven O., Izzy, Steven V.
BOTTOM: Jonathan V, Miguel, Lauren


Miguel, me & Lauren at the end of the hike :) Walking to the cars!
....We took another group shot (also on Steven's camera)...
About 10 of us ran down the mountain :) Yes, I said RAN. Lol I think Moses fell once but got saved by a tree lol we screamed like we were running the aisles (which is what it felt like pretty much...except there were rocks haha!) Talk about work out! I was so sore (Still am!) Lauren ran too lol Thas' my girl ;)

Bro. (Uncle) Jeffrey Rowell laying on the ground, in front of the church,
after his team won the scavenger hunt :) Woo woo!!!

His team:
Justin, Me, Miguel, Felipa, Brittani, Moses, Jonathan B., & Lauren :)


*ALL pics were taken on my phone (I have a pretty good camera phone lol) & edited on picnik.com :)*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where have I been?

Has it really been almost 2 years since my last post? So much has changed.

(Honestly, I am updating my blog because I like to reflect back on how far God has brought me. Forewarning, don't read if you don't want to take a look into my life the past year. This blog has many memories and I want to add on to it.)

2 years seems like a lifetime ago. I was hurting, broken-hearted, uprooted, and quite frankly, needing God more than ever. I questioned everything I was taught and needed answers, but thankfully, there was one thing I knew for sure...

God had plans and He would be all I needed.

Fast forward to October 2017 and I have lived in the state of Washington for a year, moved into my dreamy studio apartment in August, and I work in beautiful northern Idaho making & working more than I would have in Southern California. Who would have thought? Little Miss Meagan, moving 1.300 miles away from her family because God opened doors and said, "Come."

This place has become h…

The Struggle is Real

I am not usually the person who spreads their woes on Facebook, Instagram, or blog. Tonight may be the exception but I will refrain from letting emotions get the best of me.

We are all facing trials. Whether you are 16 years old and tempted to cut your hair, 18 years old and thinking about leaving the church since you are technically an 'adult', 21 years old and being pressured to drink, or 24 years old and struggling with hurt and depression.

The struggle is REAL!

The truth is, we are all at different points in our walk with God and, believe it or not, the trials are ALL God-ordained. They have been put in our life specifically for us and to make us more like Christ. The struggles you are facing are a test of your faith and love for God, but they are also there so you can learn from your mistakes and help others when they go through the same trial.

Honey, if you are dealing with hurt, I could quote scripture after scripture giving you encouragement and to cast your cares on Go…

Don't be ashamed

Since my previous post, Walgreen's called me in October and offered me a Pharmacy Technician position! How amazing is that?!  I was so thankful to get hired by my intern site because I knew the patients, the daily routine, and they already felt like my work family.

When the time came to order my scrubs, there was no way I would wear their scrubs pants and I spoke up right away. I told my manager, and guess what? He sent out an email, and it was approved for me to wear a scrub skirt. Let's just say I was the first for them :) but I get so many compliments at the pharmacy! So many of my patients have come in and commented on how cute it was, how they haven't seen a scrub skirt, didn't even know they made them. And OH MY GOODNESS, the compliments on my hair! LOL!

Let this be a reminder for all the girls - all my friends - don't be afraid or ashamed of what (and Who) we stand for! You are a light! :)

xoxo,
Megg