Skip to main content

Crying out in Desperation... Saved to Serve

I have a reason for posting the lyrics to these two songs..
just keep reading and pay attention to details  :)Thank you

Hear Us From Heaven

Lord, hear our cry
Come heal our land
Breath life into these dry and thirsty souls
Lord, hear our prayer
Forgive our sin
And as we call on your name
Would you make this a place
For your glory to dwell

Chorus:
Open the blind eyes
Unlock the deaf ears
Come to your people
As we draw near
Hear us from heaven
Touch our generation
We are your people
Crying out in desperation

Bridge:
Hear us from heaven,
Hear us from heaven,
Hear us from heaven (4x)

I Give Myself Away

Chorus:
I give myself away
I give myself away
So You can use me
I give myself away
I give myself away
So You can use me

Verse 1:
Here I am
Here I stand
Lord, my life is in your hands
Lord, I'm longing to see
Your desires revealed in me
I give myself away

Verse 2:
Take my heart
Take my life
As a living sacrifice
All my dreams all my plans

Lord I place them in your hands

Bridge:
My life is not my own
To you I belong
I give myself, I give myself to you


Did you see the parts in bold?

I'm sure we have all heard these songs and sing them at church but I want to focus on the lyrics right now.. These are two of my favorite songs (I have about 10 favorites lol) ..

"Hear Us From Heaven" has always brought me to tears:
  • Singing the words outloud, "Touch our generation.. Crying out in desperation..", there's so much meaning. I AM crying out to God to touch my generation!!!! I find myself weeping, weakened because of how much I cried, and my body shaking with sobs..
  • The 1st time they sang this at my church was when I had sprained my ankle, I was sitting in the back pews because I had to keep my foot propped up.. I couldn't walk to the altar, so I sat in my pew with tears flowing like rivers down my cheeks. Such a sweet annointing and it felt like I had God's attention, like He was listening to my pleas for my family, my city, this country.. and our world.
"I Give Myself Away" is the perfect song to tell God, "HERE I AM!":
  • It reminds me that if I give my whole self to God, that He'll use me for His works. "Lord, my life is in Your hands.. Take my heart, take my life as a living sacrifice. All my dreams, all my plans, Lord I place them in your hands. I give myself away.." All of the dreams (missions) and plans (college) in my life are in God's hands..
  • When you give yourself to God, He has control over your life. Everything will be perfect through His eyes. If God decides that it's time to pack up and move to another country, then you'll have no problem with it if you already GAVE God everything and allowed Him to reign over your life.
  • Our life is not our own.. God created us to live, live to be saved, and saved to serve. Our life is God's.
What do you feel/think when you listen to your favorite songs?
What songs are they??
How have they impacted you?

God, bless those who do Your will..

Comments

Amber said…
I'm like you! I have like ten favorites lol I loooove the old hymn that we sing, "Near the Cross." Always makes me cry and cry! And I love "The Blood will never lose it's power." The reason I love that one is pretty self-explanatory. We don't sing this one in church, but I absolutely love "Does anybody hear her" by Casting Crowns. It just always smites my heart. Sometimes I'm so quick to judge people when I should be the ones helping them!! And I also love "Love them like Jesus" by Casting Crowns.

Popular posts from this blog

Where have I been?

Has it really been almost 2 years since my last post? So much has changed.

(Honestly, I am updating my blog because I like to reflect back on how far God has brought me. Forewarning, don't read if you don't want to take a look into my life the past year. This blog has many memories and I want to add on to it.)

2 years seems like a lifetime ago. I was hurting, broken-hearted, uprooted, and quite frankly, needing God more than ever. I questioned everything I was taught and needed answers, but thankfully, there was one thing I knew for sure...

God had plans and He would be all I needed.

Fast forward to October 2017 and I have lived in the state of Washington for a year, moved into my dreamy studio apartment in August, and I work in beautiful northern Idaho making & working more than I would have in Southern California. Who would have thought? Little Miss Meagan, moving 1.300 miles away from her family because God opened doors and said, "Come."

This place has become h…

The Struggle is Real

I am not usually the person who spreads their woes on Facebook, Instagram, or blog. Tonight may be the exception but I will refrain from letting emotions get the best of me.

We are all facing trials. Whether you are 16 years old and tempted to cut your hair, 18 years old and thinking about leaving the church since you are technically an 'adult', 21 years old and being pressured to drink, or 24 years old and struggling with hurt and depression.

The struggle is REAL!

The truth is, we are all at different points in our walk with God and, believe it or not, the trials are ALL God-ordained. They have been put in our life specifically for us and to make us more like Christ. The struggles you are facing are a test of your faith and love for God, but they are also there so you can learn from your mistakes and help others when they go through the same trial.

Honey, if you are dealing with hurt, I could quote scripture after scripture giving you encouragement and to cast your cares on Go…

Don't be ashamed

Since my previous post, Walgreen's called me in October and offered me a Pharmacy Technician position! How amazing is that?!  I was so thankful to get hired by my intern site because I knew the patients, the daily routine, and they already felt like my work family.

When the time came to order my scrubs, there was no way I would wear their scrubs pants and I spoke up right away. I told my manager, and guess what? He sent out an email, and it was approved for me to wear a scrub skirt. Let's just say I was the first for them :) but I get so many compliments at the pharmacy! So many of my patients have come in and commented on how cute it was, how they haven't seen a scrub skirt, didn't even know they made them. And OH MY GOODNESS, the compliments on my hair! LOL!

Let this be a reminder for all the girls - all my friends - don't be afraid or ashamed of what (and Who) we stand for! You are a light! :)

xoxo,
Megg