Skip to main content

A Healthy Dose of Change

Hi my blogger friends! :)

If you haven't heard or follow me on Instagram (megg_rowell), then you probably don't know I made a drastic, life-changing decision regarding my acne and my health.

Most of my friends have known I had chronic cystic acne! (Ugh, it is miserable! It should be treated as a disease because it's painful and hurts a person in every way! Emotionally, physically, AND spiritually!) I was praying at the beginning of this year for God to HEAL me! I was so desperate to get rid of it!


On February 1st, I spent the night with my Aunt Kristy and my Mamaw, who both own a Vitamix blender and the subject came up about my acne. My aunt said she had seen recipes on the Vitamix website that can help with acne!!

WHAT!?!? 😳

So my Mamaw looked up videos on YouTube related to curing acne with food. She showed me this video about the Raw Food Diet on February 1st (You can see the actual video on my other blog, Radiant Beauty). The video explains what a person needs to do for this diet, what they eat and the benefits. I started the raw food diet THAT hour! I stopped taking all the oral medicines and using the topical gels... After only a FEW DAYS, I saw results! I did this diet for 30 days and decided I wanted to go even longer. It's now April 1st and I'm transitioning from an omnivore to an herbivore.


Which means.. I'm going Raw Vegan!


It's a LONG process y'all! But this is the best choice for my health! It's been so exciting and I feel great!! I have had so many friends support my decision and encourage me! Several friends have jumped on the health kick too :)

A little side note :) when you see your friends eating healthy, please don't make fun of them. They're feeding their physical body healthy foods. Encourage them!


If you want to read more about my life changing decision, check out my other blog I made specifically for it :) thanks for reading!!





Comments

Mary Frances said…
My mom did raw vegan for a while!!! She actually LOVED it!!!
Unknown said…
Thank you for being open and honest.
You are the apple of God’s eye and you have found a new way of hope for others. Thank you for loving the lord and paving the way for others to learn about your amazing healing process.
You Rock!
P.s
High five for MAMAW!

Popular posts from this blog

Bible Quizzer

Umm.... I had no idea what I was getting myself into lol! This is my first year of Bible Quizzing and man! I love it!!!!! :D I can't wait to go to the competitions!! :D We have to learn over 400 verses but as Bro. Vick & Brendan said "Don't look at the numbers." It's easier when you don't look at numbers and you just memorize and go over them everyday!!! I'm so excited!!! It has motivated me to get done with schoolwork lol. I hope we have a good (NOOO, a GREAT!) team so we can go to more competitions. :) Fun & traveling! Which teams do you know that are awesome Bible Quizzers?? Do you have any tips for a first time BQ??? :)

Family Christmas Pictures

Here are a few pictures from our Sunday afternoon christmas pictures from my moms camera. They turned out cute and hope you enjoy them. :] cousins [jonathan is lost in the back] Jonathan, Korbin, and me Jonathan, Korbin, Ryan, Logan, and me L-R Morgan, Brooklynn, Tristen, Michael, Justin, Jared, and Madison Jonathan and Korbin Justin and baby Jared grandbabies ;] Me and Brooklynn's birthday picture [birthdays are in the next week or 2] My brother Ryan and I just goofing off Justin and I we look werid but it's a funny picture Now Justin and I are ready to smile but Jonathan was caught off gaurd The women and little ladies in the family Papaw with [L-R] Auntie Nicole, Auntie Shelly, my mom, and Auntie Kristy Mamaw with [L-R] Uncle Jimmy, my dad, Uncle Jared, and Uncle Jeffrey Mommys' and Daddys' and/or couples pictures

Courage in the Altar

It takes courage to walk to the altar (a lot of the time). Especially when you are struggling and going through trials. Most of us feel embarrassed or have too much pride to cry in the altar, shout, or dance in the Spirit. It really does amaze me.. It's like we are intimidated by other women/men.. Have you ever noticed it? Courage: " have the courage of one's convictions, to  act   in accordance with one's beliefs, especially in spite of criticism." (dictionary.com) I've heard plenty of people say, "The day so&so shouts and runs the aisles is when I'll do it." I REALLY don't get it! Do these people not have the revelation of worship, praise, and not to care what others are going to think about them?? Sometimes, worship is a life or death situation. :/ Seriously. You won't give God 100% of your praise... You're holding back.. You won't let loose. The saints of God get victory through prayer and worship.