Skip to main content

A Healthy Dose of Change

Hi my blogger friends! :)

If you haven't heard or follow me on Instagram (megg_rowell), then you probably don't know I made a drastic, life-changing decision regarding my acne and my health.

Most of my friends have known I had chronic cystic acne! (Ugh, it is miserable! It should be treated as a disease because it's painful and hurts a person in every way! Emotionally, physically, AND spiritually!) I was praying at the beginning of this year for God to HEAL me! I was so desperate to get rid of it!


On February 1st, I spent the night with my Aunt Kristy and my Mamaw, who both own a Vitamix blender and the subject came up about my acne. My aunt said she had seen recipes on the Vitamix website that can help with acne!!

WHAT!?!? 😳

So my Mamaw looked up videos on YouTube related to curing acne with food. She showed me this video about the Raw Food Diet on February 1st (You can see the actual video on my other blog, Radiant Beauty). The video explains what a person needs to do for this diet, what they eat and the benefits. I started the raw food diet THAT hour! I stopped taking all the oral medicines and using the topical gels... After only a FEW DAYS, I saw results! I did this diet for 30 days and decided I wanted to go even longer. It's now April 1st and I'm transitioning from an omnivore to an herbivore.


Which means.. I'm going Raw Vegan!


It's a LONG process y'all! But this is the best choice for my health! It's been so exciting and I feel great!! I have had so many friends support my decision and encourage me! Several friends have jumped on the health kick too :)

A little side note :) when you see your friends eating healthy, please don't make fun of them. They're feeding their physical body healthy foods. Encourage them!


If you want to read more about my life changing decision, check out my other blog I made specifically for it :) thanks for reading!!





Comments

Mary Frances said…
My mom did raw vegan for a while!!! She actually LOVED it!!!
Dolores Frade said…
Thank you for being open and honest.
You are the apple of God’s eye and you have found a new way of hope for others. Thank you for loving the lord and paving the way for others to learn about your amazing healing process.
You Rock!
P.s
High five for MAMAW!

Popular posts from this blog

Where have I been?

Has it really been almost 2 years since my last post? So much has changed.

(Honestly, I am updating my blog because I like to reflect back on how far God has brought me. Forewarning, don't read if you don't want to take a look into my life the past year. This blog has many memories and I want to add on to it.)

2 years seems like a lifetime ago. I was hurting, broken-hearted, uprooted, and quite frankly, needing God more than ever. I questioned everything I was taught and needed answers, but thankfully, there was one thing I knew for sure...

God had plans and He would be all I needed.

Fast forward to October 2017 and I have lived in the state of Washington for a year, moved into my dreamy studio apartment in August, and I work in beautiful northern Idaho making & working more than I would have in Southern California. Who would have thought? Little Miss Meagan, moving 1.300 miles away from her family because God opened doors and said, "Come."

This place has become h…

The Struggle is Real

I am not usually the person who spreads their woes on Facebook, Instagram, or blog. Tonight may be the exception but I will refrain from letting emotions get the best of me.

We are all facing trials. Whether you are 16 years old and tempted to cut your hair, 18 years old and thinking about leaving the church since you are technically an 'adult', 21 years old and being pressured to drink, or 24 years old and struggling with hurt and depression.

The struggle is REAL!

The truth is, we are all at different points in our walk with God and, believe it or not, the trials are ALL God-ordained. They have been put in our life specifically for us and to make us more like Christ. The struggles you are facing are a test of your faith and love for God, but they are also there so you can learn from your mistakes and help others when they go through the same trial.

Honey, if you are dealing with hurt, I could quote scripture after scripture giving you encouragement and to cast your cares on Go…

Don't be ashamed

Since my previous post, Walgreen's called me in October and offered me a Pharmacy Technician position! How amazing is that?!  I was so thankful to get hired by my intern site because I knew the patients, the daily routine, and they already felt like my work family.

When the time came to order my scrubs, there was no way I would wear their scrubs pants and I spoke up right away. I told my manager, and guess what? He sent out an email, and it was approved for me to wear a scrub skirt. Let's just say I was the first for them :) but I get so many compliments at the pharmacy! So many of my patients have come in and commented on how cute it was, how they haven't seen a scrub skirt, didn't even know they made them. And OH MY GOODNESS, the compliments on my hair! LOL!

Let this be a reminder for all the girls - all my friends - don't be afraid or ashamed of what (and Who) we stand for! You are a light! :)

xoxo,
Megg