Skip to main content

The Witnessing Tool

*Calling all Apostolic - Pentecostals*


Do you ever feel like you're the only one who is different at school or work?

The only one whose religion is TRUE and SEPARATED?
That hears preaching from the Word of God and not from the "how-to" books?


Yes, when we start up a conversation about what religion we are, they claim Christianity and know Jesus Christ is Lord, yet, they live amongst the world. Unseparated.

2 Corinthians 6:17 says, "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,"

We feel like we're the only ones in school who don't wear mini-skirts, the way-to-revealing tops (also known as the how-much-skin-can-i-show-and-not-get-in-trouble-for-it clothing)??? For guys, you get asked the question, "Aren't you hot!?" way too much. Enough to get on your nerves. Being the only person they see dressed like this, at the very least you could say that it surprises them. We don't look like any normal person.

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people .... "

1 Peter 2:9

They wonder "why not??" Some people are curious enough to ask and you know what? I'm glad people ask me... because not only is it more modest and much CUTER ;) but it's a witnessing tool. Have you ever noticed that? Yes, I know God sees us deal with the peer pressure, fighting and struggling to stay on top of it and I know He will bless and honor us for that but the main point of it is that we are to ABLE talk to them about God. That person could have totally ignored you if you had went up and handed them a church card and invited them to church. However, this person decided to come up to you! Hardly any work on your part besides putting on your MODEST clothing :) Do you get what I'm saying?

So when somebody asks why your wearing your skirt to the floor or jeans on the hottest day known to man, stop what you're doing and start leading the conversation towards Jesus Christ and church. :)


I was listening in on The Rock's church service last night and a young guy was testifying about being on his way to the coffee shop (and also when he was in there). When he was walking from Starbucks to It's a Grind, a jehovah witness asked him if he was hot. He led the conversation towards church :) In the end, the jehovah witness asked if he was able to come to church. The Brother then asked if he was allowed to do that. The jehovah witness said "No, but you won't tell anybody will you?" Isn't that amazing!?!?! It started from what he was wearing! :)


Being separated (clothing-wise) DOES make a difference and it starts up conversations!! So Brothers and Sisters, let's put on our Pentecostal clothing and talk to some people about God!!!


~Meagan Rowell~

Comments

Mary Frances said…
Totally agree and SOOOO true!!! Btw- how do you and kendra edit your pics? They always look SOOOO cool!!!
Mary Frances said…
Heeey girl!
Thanks for the info! I went on it today and edited a pic...its on my thing for the month...check it out and tell me what you think! So what are some of the tools you use the most? This pic on the side of the boy getting the Holy Ghost...How did you do all that? It looks AWESOME!!! Heeeeey here is an idea for a blog post about it!!! That would be cool!!!
Mary Frances said…
oh yeah! One more thing... is there anything on there that you can do to change the back ground to like all white or something if the background is like totally random and doesnt go with the pic?

Popular posts from this blog

Where have I been?

Has it really been almost 2 years since my last post? So much has changed.

(Honestly, I am updating my blog because I like to reflect back on how far God has brought me. Forewarning, don't read if you don't want to take a look into my life the past year. This blog has many memories and I want to add on to it.)

2 years seems like a lifetime ago. I was hurting, broken-hearted, uprooted, and quite frankly, needing God more than ever. I questioned everything I was taught and needed answers, but thankfully, there was one thing I knew for sure...

God had plans and He would be all I needed.

Fast forward to October 2017 and I have lived in the state of Washington for a year, moved into my dreamy studio apartment in August, and I work in beautiful northern Idaho making & working more than I would have in Southern California. Who would have thought? Little Miss Meagan, moving 1.300 miles away from her family because God opened doors and said, "Come."

This place has become h…

The Struggle is Real

I am not usually the person who spreads their woes on Facebook, Instagram, or blog. Tonight may be the exception but I will refrain from letting emotions get the best of me.

We are all facing trials. Whether you are 16 years old and tempted to cut your hair, 18 years old and thinking about leaving the church since you are technically an 'adult', 21 years old and being pressured to drink, or 24 years old and struggling with hurt and depression.

The struggle is REAL!

The truth is, we are all at different points in our walk with God and, believe it or not, the trials are ALL God-ordained. They have been put in our life specifically for us and to make us more like Christ. The struggles you are facing are a test of your faith and love for God, but they are also there so you can learn from your mistakes and help others when they go through the same trial.

Honey, if you are dealing with hurt, I could quote scripture after scripture giving you encouragement and to cast your cares on Go…

Don't be ashamed

Since my previous post, Walgreen's called me in October and offered me a Pharmacy Technician position! How amazing is that?!  I was so thankful to get hired by my intern site because I knew the patients, the daily routine, and they already felt like my work family.

When the time came to order my scrubs, there was no way I would wear their scrubs pants and I spoke up right away. I told my manager, and guess what? He sent out an email, and it was approved for me to wear a scrub skirt. Let's just say I was the first for them :) but I get so many compliments at the pharmacy! So many of my patients have come in and commented on how cute it was, how they haven't seen a scrub skirt, didn't even know they made them. And OH MY GOODNESS, the compliments on my hair! LOL!

Let this be a reminder for all the girls - all my friends - don't be afraid or ashamed of what (and Who) we stand for! You are a light! :)

xoxo,
Megg